Books Available at Vancouver Public Library
You can find almost all of these books through the VPL online catalogue, where we have created a custom book list for easy reference.
Pregnancy and Birth
- From the Hips Rebecca Odes & Ceridwen Morris
- Birthing From Within Pam England & Rob Horowitz
- The Birth Partner: Everything you need to know to help a woman through childbirth (2nd ed.) Penny Simkin
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth Ina May Gaskin
- Natural Pregnancy Book: Herbs, nutrition and other holistic choices Ina May Gaskin & Aviva Jill Romm
- Pregnancy, Childbirth & the Newborn (rev & updated) Penny Simkin, Janet Whalley & Ann Keppler
- Rediscovering Birth Sheila Kitzinger
- Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth Henci Goer
- The American Academy of Pediatrics New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding American Academy Of Pediatrics, Joan Younger Meek M.D., Winnie Yu
- Breastfeeding: How to Breastfeed Your Baby Suzanne Arms, Chloe Fisher, Mary Renfrew
- The Breastfeeding Book: Everything You Need to Know About Nursing Your Child from Birth Through Weaning William Sears M.D.
- Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding Ina May Gaskin
- Jack Newman’s Guide to Breastfeeding Jack Newman and Teresa Pitman
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeeding La Leche League International
After Your Baby is Born
- 1, 2, 3 Magic: Effective discipline for children 2-12 Thomas W. Phelan
- The Baby Book : Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby From Birth to Age Two William Sears M.D. and Martha Sears R.N.
- The Birth of a Mother: How the Motherhood Experience Changes You Forever Daniel N. Stern, Nadia Bruschweiler-Stern, and Alison Freeland
- Canada’s Baby Care Book: A Complete Guide from Birth to 12-Months Old Jeremy Friedman, Norman Saunders
- The Canadian Paediatric Society Guide to Caring for Your Child from Birth to Age Five Diane Sacks M.D.
- CMA Complete book of Mother and Baby Care Lewis Younger
- Children The Challenge Rudolf Dreikurs
- Spock’s The First Two Years: The Emotional and Physical Needs of Children from Birth to Age 2 Benjamin, M.D. Spock and Martine T. Stein
- Your Baby and Child: from Birth to Age Five (Revised Edition) Penelope Leach
- The Happiest Baby on the Block: the New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer Harvey MP Karp
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child Marc Weissbluth, MD
- Hidden Feelings of Motherhood: Coping with stress, depression and burnout Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
- Mother of All Baby Books Ann Douglas
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution : Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night Elizabeth Pantley
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate With Your Baby Tracy Hogg and Melinda Blau
- What to Expect the First Year Arlene Eisenberg, Sandee Hathaway, and Heidi Murkoff
- The Wonder Weeks Hetty van der Rijt, Ph.D. and Frans Plooij, Ph.D.
- Year after childbirth: Surviving and enjoying the first year of motherhood Sheila Kitzinger